Brislington Neighbourhood Centre is a resource for everyone who lives or works in the neighbourhoods of Brislington, St Anne’s and Broomhill in south east Bristol.
Our telephone number is 0117 977 2100.
Our core services are:
- A lunch club held two times(Tuesdays and Wednesdays) each week at St Peter's Church
- An After School Club held every weekday from 3.15pm to 6pm, based at Broomhill Junior School
- A holiday play scheme held most school holidays at Broomhill Junior School
The Brislington Neighbourhood Centre was established in 1989 in the old residential premises of St Cuthberts Church Verger’s house, and the adjacent Parish hall. The centre was a response by the four local churches to provide broad community services to local people in Brislington, Broomhill, and St. Anne’s where there is no statutory provision other than two youth clubs. The Management Committee members are volunteers and are always seeking new members from the community or service users. In 2010, we moved to our office in Wicklea Community Centre.
We have three main objectives:
- To alleviate the effects of poverty.
- To identify and respond directly to local peoples’ needs, encouraging user involvement to their full potential.
- To enable local people to organise and participate in the centre’s activities and services.
We are funded by a combination of donations from individuals, fees paid for services and grants from trusts and Bristol City Council.