For more details about the Lunch Club, please contact Daphne on 01179 427809.
This group meets every Tuesday and Wednesday (term time only). We offer support, recreation and a low cost three course lunch (£4.50 plus transport) to older people in the local community who may be experiencing mobility difficulties, and therefore may not be able to leave their homes to socialise and meet new people.
- Do you find it difficult to get out of the house?
- Do you know an older person who would benefit from this service?
- Please support your local lunch club and don’t let these vital services close
Like to do what we do in the Lunch Club?
1. We have a set of weekly activities that we do and that is Bingo as we feel this is great game to get them thinking of numbers and builds their confidence up to shout and keeps their concentration switched on. We have a one line to start with and this can range from top, middle or bottom line and then to a full house. They all seem to really enjoy it.
Cards again is a game to build their confidence up on speaking out and keeps them switched on with numbers.
Quiz/word searches again this is a great thinking game and some can answer them quicker than others but we give them so much support and help as we can.
2. We keep in contact with the local schools. We have had visits from the junior school where they came down and visited the members and asked them many questions of their childhood up todate. They also came down and had made cakes that they had made at school. We also went up to the school to watch a play that the children had also made. We also had BEC children down to ask few members about the lunch club and they then gave us a invite to go to the school to have entertainment, soup, rolls and a hand massage. This was a lovely day and we all really enjoyed it.
3. The members have a three course meal every day starting off with soup and fresh rolls. We have a variety of food and members on a regular basis are asked if anything they like and also try new things to but are always asked before if they like it. If there are members that do not like something we will do them a different meal.
4. About every three months they are all asked if they are happy with the service we provide and they are all happy and what changes would they like.